Library Reading List
- English literature/Novels
- Toefl - IELTS - iTEP books
- Arabic and kurdish literature
- MBA Thesis
Fall & Spring Semester
Winter & Summer Semester
American University of Iraq - Sulaimani
Kirkuk Main Road, Raparin, Kurdistan region
Location : B -G- 32
ELECTRONIC RESOURCES - DATABASES
|Licenced resources||Dictionaries||Open access journals|
Open access ebooks
Please, Contact the librarian to get all the usernames and passwords for the online recources and databases
Citation and referencing
How to cite and reference?
MLA Citation is the commun style used at the American university of Iraq - Sulaimani
Referencing: Its purpose is to acknowledge the original source of ideas and work that is not the author's own, and to point the reader to the original documents so that they can determine independently whether the attributed sources support the author’s argument as written.
Referencing generally has two key elements;
- An in-text marker that indicates to the reader that a particular concept, phrase or idea is attributable to someone else
- A complete reference list giving the full citation details for all sources referred to in the document.
Easybib–Generate citations in MLA, APA & Chicago formats for your bibliographyEndNote – is a software program used to manage references and create bibliographies.There is web version of EndNote web
B-G-32 | Ext:1219
Find us on Facebook
Borrowing and loans
To borrow, provide your ID number, and present the material you wish to borrow to staff at the Circulation Desk
Check-out / Borrowing
- Students may borrow up to 5 items for two weeks and faculty may borrow up to 10 items for 4 weeks
- Textbooks and Course reserve are loaned for two hours, returning back items late lead to blocking the account for 2 weeks
- Each borrower is responsible for material checked out on his/her account
- Most items are allowed 2 renewals. The length of the renewal is the same as the original check out period.
- You can renew online by logging in to your library account at http://library.auis.edu.krd or you may also request renewals by email.
Check-in / Returning
- Library material may be returned to staff at the circulation desk or into the drop box.
- The library will charge fine per day, per overdue item.
- Unpaid fees and fines will be reported to the Finance Department. This can prevent a student from registering for classes or from graduating or for faculty and staff to be cleared for exit from the university.
The library is now enforcing a quiet study policy in order to maintain a scholarly atmosphere. In this policy, quiet refers to low-level, minimal conversation. Individual study cubicles are in place for the purpose of quiet study. Group study no longer takes place in the library, but now can be held in the Study Center, A-B 142.
- Students are asked to keep mobile phones on silent with vibration off. Conversations on mobile phones take place outside the library.
- Students violating any of these policies may be asked to leave and/or reported to the Dean of Students.
- We are also asking that students dispose of all food and beverage containers when leaving the library.
Call number guideline
The call number for an item is like an address for the book on the shelf. Call numbers are located on the spines of library books.
The AUIS Library uses the Library of Congress (LC) Classification System to organize the books on the shelves.
- B – Philosophy, Psychology, Religion
- C – Auxiliary Sciences of History, Archaeology, and Biography
- D – World History
- E – F American History
- G – Geography, Anthropology, Recreation
- H – Social Sciences, Commerce, Finance, Statistics, Socialism. Communism and Anarchism
- J – Political Science and public administration
- K – Law
- L – Education
- M – Music
- N – Fine Arts, Architecture, Sculpture and Painting
- P – Language and Literature, English literature and American literature
- Q – Science, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and Geology
- R – Medicine, Pharmacology and Nursing
- S – Agriculture
- T – Technology, Civil engineering , Mechanical engineering and Electrical engineering
- U – Military and Armie Science
- V – Naval Science
- Z – Bibliographies. Library Science. Information Resources